Dramatically Zen: an Honest Definition of How Life Works Out
Follow your dreams no matter what. Keep your eye on the prize and it’ll manifest. Simple as that, right?
Not exactly. If you’re anything like me, chances are the path to success involves a few forks in the road, loop-di-loops, and dramatic twists. And sometimes, life decides to throw its worst at you all at once.
Just because the path tends to be slightly spastic doesn’t mean it won’t lead you to your dreams. In fact, those challenges are in place to make the prize even more desirable. Epic, really. My life is that winding road, and my journey is a beautiful juxtaposition I describe as Dramatically Zen.
I’m passionate about empowering others to live their best life and follow their dreams. This website is my reflection of that mission. I’m the example of someone living their dreams, and if I can do it, you can too! Sounds inspirational? Click here to register for my newsletter!
A few years ago, in a matter of a few short months, my parents separated, my dad had a heart attack, my beloved Nonno passed away, and I lost my job, which at the time, was my identity.
Really, life, really?
This forced me to take a look at my life, and explore the things that I was passionate about—the first time I’d ever done that.
After some soul searching, I decided I wanted to travel and write. Teetering on the dramatic side, I drank a bottle of wine and booked a one-way ticket to Thailand set to leave three weeks later. And I’d be backpacking. I’m not a backpacking kind-of-girl. Hilarity would ensue.
I traveled to Thailand, Australia, and Bali, and from that gathered a list of life lessons I encountered along the way. I’ve adapted my experiences and what I learned into a book, Dramatically Zen.
A Little More About Me
- I know an obscene amount of 90s pop culture trivia; my favorite bands of the 90s are Bush, No Doubt, Gin Blossoms, and Zack Attack
- I’m a professional wedding guest; last year I attended 13 weddings. This is not an exaggeration
- I’m most referred to as “Ang”. It throws me for a loop when someone calls me by my first name, Angela, and especially when someone calls me Angie.
- Beyonce is my main mentor in life and has been for 15 years. My brother refers to me as “white Beyonce”. If we had the chance to meet, I’m certain we’d instantly be best friends
- A llama (or an alpaca) is my spirit animal
- I consider myself a part-time vegan, nacho aficionado, and guacamole connoisseur
- Frisbees scare me
- I’m a certified yoga instructor and my favorite class to teach is hot vinyasa flow
- I make playlists for each one of my yoga classes, or occasions in life, and this brings me to my happy place
- I was once blessed by the Pope (for real—I stumbled across a public blessing while in Rome)
- I express gratitude daily for all my blessings (my family and my friends rock)
- Nothing will ever stop me from following my dreams, and I am thrilled to support others with theirs